Grenada is truly a hidden gem in the Caribbean as it offers so much both on the island and in its Bluewater Fishing scene. This beautiful island nation has been kept under the radar for many years, but it is quickly becoming not only a must fish destination but also a must visit/vacation destination. From the phenomenal Bluewater Fishing to the beautiful and friendly island, there is so much that Grenada has to offer for everyone!
So let's start with the FISHING... Prime time for fishing in Grenada is November through May, but you have an opportunity to catch fish throughout the year in Grenada and the nearby islands that we offer live aboard trips to. Grenada has fantastic numbers of Sailfish with days of double digit bites a real possibility on our Full Day Trips, as well as big Yellowfin Tuna ranging from 80-200+ pounds on any given day, and there is always a great chance at a Blue Marlin or two as well. White Marlin can be in the mix as well as Mahi Mahi (aka Doplhin or Dorado). The Wahoo fishing can be absolutely incredible when targeted!
St Georges Harbor
St Georges Harbor is a sight to see from the megayachts at Port Louis Marina to the picturesque Caranage.
Sailfish are in Abundance in Grenada
Sailfish are around throughout the year in Grenada, but in the Winter months, the numbers can be exceptional with double digit bite days common.
Watch any or all of these videos below to check out the action we have had from our past trips in Grenada. Insert yourself into these videos by booking a trip with us!
Grenada - "The Spice Island"
The lush island of Grenada is lined with beautiful beaches, secluded coves, crisscrossed with nature trails and laced with spice plantations. Grenada offers plenty to do for those who do not fish or even just on a lay day from fishing you can enjoy the beaches, explore the waterfalls in the rainforest (there are a couple you can jump off of for those thrill seekers out there), float down one of the natural lazy rivers on tubes...
SO WHY GRENADA?
- Sensational Big Game Fishing starting as little as 4 miles from the dock with good chances of multiple billfish catches a day, Grand Slam possibilities (3 different types of Billfish in one day), and an excellent chance at catching a trophy worthy yellowfin tuna and/or wahoo! Check out this article from Marlin Magazine about Grenada: Marlin Magazine Article - June 5, 2018 CLICK HERE to READ
- Grand Anse Beach consistently labeled a Top 10 Beach by many Travel Magazines and Forums. There are also multiple uncrowded and even empty pristine beaches all along the coastline.
- Easy to get in and out as most hotel accommodations and rental houses are within 20 minutes or less from the international airport. Spend more time in the sun then traveling!
- Lodging accommodations vary from extremely reasonable Beachfront Resorts to Luxury 5 Stay Boutique Resorts. There are many Villas available for rent of modest nature up to lifestyles of the rich and famous!
- Plenty of Fun Island Adventures for everyone on non fishing days or those who don't fish.
- Fish Downsea Charters is there to put you on the trip of a lifetime. Extremely enthusiastic crew with a pure passion for fishing and being on the water taking you fishing on a meticulously maintained sportfishing yacht with top of the line tackle to make your chances of catching the fish of a lifetime possible!
Go to the local Rum Distillery, try out their brand of rum and tour the distillery, spend some time at the local chocolate factory and get their amazing chocolates....
Go scuba diving or snorkeling and see the infamous underwater sculptures, or go to one of the many restaurants or bars Grenada has to offer and enjoy the ambiance this beautiful island offers.